A little boy and his momma | Cleveland Family Photographer Tess Smith Photography

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

what should i wear? | Cleveland Family Photographer

I get lots of questions before a photo session. But, the main question I get is "What should we wear?!" In a way I'm thankful for this. I'd rather give a few pointers on how my clients can get the best from their session. COLOR is the answer. Colors and textures add so much drama to a photo. It gives clients a way for them to express themselves. If you’ve got your sweet little heart  set on everyone in white button downs and khaki's, I’m probably not your girl. My style is a little more fresh and a little more modern.





When it comes to portrait photography, clothing plays a huge role in the results of your images. Your outfits do not need to be brand new. You should feel comfortable on the day of your session in clothing that you feel good about. Believe me, you're already going to be a little nervous while standing in front of my lens... don't make yourself even more stressed by wearing something that you don't feel "YOU" in. If you’re not normally a dress-up kind of person, don’t feel like you have to be one for your session.
During your shoot you'll most likely be laying in the grass,  throwing your kids in the air, playing catch in the water, or snuggling with your honey in a field of tall grasses. Wear something that lets you do all that (and more) comfortably and without worry. I want to be able to capture you in the moment and if you're stressed about getting your pants a little dirty it's going to show in the pictures.

And lastly, bring LOTS of outfits. Change your clothes and accessories. It'll seem like you had a photographer following you for weeks. You'll have lots of great shots of you in several outfits. I'm so excited to take your picture I can barely stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment