A little boy and his momma | Cleveland Family Photographer Tess Smith Photography

Saturday, December 18, 2010

"your camera takes nice pictures!"


When I started taking pictures I had heard from multiple people that my camera took really great photo's. While my camera does indeed take some nice shots, I'm pretty sure I'm the one behind the camera making sure it does what I want it to do. The picture on the left was taken with my camera on full auto. The one on the right was taken in manual. I'm working really hard at taking great photo's. It doesn't exactly come easy and it's something that I've become really passionate about. I put my heart into a photo session.  My camera is not doing it for me. Would you tell a Baker that their ovens are amazing at making the most perfect cupcakes? I hope not. 

2 comments:

  1. So very true. You need the eye - talent and the technical expertise and the speed of deciding when to adjust settings etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to frame this post on my wall. Well said!

    ReplyDelete